[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Head aches and mind breaks

It's officially my holidays now and strangely I'm not much excited about it. It is rather odd as I'm usually happy as hell over holidays no matter how short they are but this one I'm greeting with insipid enthusiasm. I guess it's because this holiday marks that the mid-semester point is here and I really don't want this semester to end. Why?

I've been putting off thinking about it and even writing about it here releases apprehension as though the mere mention of it will make it arrive faster. I'm talking about my research project I'm suppose to do after this semester ends for my thesis. It is so overwhelming and rather intimidating. How do I start? What do I do?

Of course you're assigned a supervisor to guide you but then again, it is really a big thing. What more, it carries 10 credit hours and I so want to get an A for it. With that much credit, scoring anything else but an A will drag my grade point average down a lot. It will make or break my goal of getting into the first class honours list.

And thus I'm all for procrastination, putting off choosing a research project till the official list comes out but several of my course mates are already going around fishing for research titles from the lecturers. Obviously they can't let things lie for the moment and let me enjoy the remainder of my semester. Well, I'm never the one to be left out and neither did I want to be one left to pick out from the leftovers so I did a little sniffing myself and manage to unofficially get one promised to me but it's not a sure thing. It is from the pharmacology department but it's molecular biology work regarding schizophrenia. I'm not much clear about it but the professor said she'll get materials for me to read up on after the break for me to see whether I'm into it or not.

I gotta go rest. Thinking about it gives me a headache...

2 comments:

Inaesb said...

Some unis that I'm considering are also offering this type of stuff. Dissertation they call it. It's an entire subject by itself, but there's no classes. Just one dissertation for the entire year. I cannot begin to see magnitutude of such a task. It's either an easy A (easier than studying for a whole subject) or an uphill battle. We'll see. On a more important note, better find a title soon and begin. Every early second counts I suppose. Good luck! :)

Zyklon22 said...

Thanx. I hope I can do it. Ok gotta go lie down again... mind breaking