[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Standing ovation for The Reader

I finally watched The Reader just now. And the verdict? It is fantastic.

The story is compelling and it gives you alot to think about. I felt drawn in as the movie progressed and I really had a feeling for the characters in it. It felt real. Kate Winslet deserved her Oscar. And the film is anyhow more deserving of an Oscar than the other film that won. You know which one.

If you watch it in the cinema though, you'll miss alot. Censorship issues. Try downloading off the net. It will definitely be worth it.

I thought Changeling was good, then I watched this.

The Reader. Powerful stuff.

I will try the book next. If I'm in the mood, I might try the original version in German.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll read the book one of these days. I've seen it. It isn't so thick. :P And it's so Expensive!!

savante said...

heard about it as well! Not surprised they censored it with the amount of nudity on board :)