[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Word of the day!



LIPOGRAM



Do you know what a lipogram is? Past sounding like a fat tumor (lipoma), I did not have a notion too as to what was it. Naturally, I ran to Wiki
, of which I found this out:


A lipogram is a kind of writing with constraints that consists of full paragraphs or books in which a particular symbol, such as that fifth symbol (which is most common in writing), is missing. An author must submit to an awful handicap, allowing only consonants and A, I, O , U, and Y. This is ordinarily a quorum of six fours plus half of two.

I was curious about such a thing and I did look about and I found this.



Thus, I would want to say that such a thing is odd but I'm much drawn by it and I took a stab at it in this post.


Look, no fifth symbols in this post!


3 comments:

Shake Trees said...

hmmm... u know wut dude... for a moment i tot it's lipo-suction, ur trying to say here... wakakaka...

Inaesb said...

I had no idea it was called a lipograms. Haha..remember when we joined the competition last time on nst? The Sashay won first prize. One of the other winners wrote a piece without using any e's too.

Zyklon22 said...

Hahaha. It does sound odd doesn't it. You know how hard is it to write something without any e? Most past tenses can't be used... My head can pecah trying to write something short already. Imagine a 1000 word essay.