[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Thursday, December 13, 2007

All that glitters is not gold

The Golden Compass was a little disappointing for me. The short previews were of course fantastic but when you've really sat down and watched the movie, you'll find it lacking substance. Oh, all the special effects, audio visually, were impressive but other more than that, it had nothing. It did not moved me emotionally nor did it impressed in me a message so strong, I would leave the cinema feeling awed. One consolation though is of course the ever beautiful Nicole Kidman. She dominated the screen with her presence and I feel she did a wonderful job bringing Mrs Coultier to life. Bravo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

=)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. Have you read the book? I am now reading the second book 'The Subtle Knife' and it's very interesting!

Zyklon22 said...

AH: Thanx for dropping by :)

Calvin: No money to buy the book. Would you be so kind as to lend it to me? :)

Anonymous said...

It was very very disappointing for me. Was so looking forward to it... must not expect too much for the next ones. Also, the movie kinda reminded me of Eudemons..heheh..

I've seen Prince Caspian trailer..it looks a whole lot nicer than the first Narnia but then I may be let down yet again...