[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Monday, September 08, 2008

Killjoy

It was a rather good day, if I must say so myself - until I found out that my publisher's niece scheduled an interview for a writer's position in my company. And to say the least, I actually received a stellar appraisal from my editor this morning itself.

Now, I can actually feel my hopes and future in the company crumbling around me as I stood facing the new writer with qualifications more outstanding than mine. What more, she's a girl. Now now, I'm not being discriminating but on the flipside with the publisher and the editor being women, my chances of being given a fair chance at moving up in the company is at risk? No?

As much as women are clamoring for equality, sometimes it's the males that are overlooked. With everyone sensitized to female needs and demands, where are the men's lib groups to tip the scales? When one side is pushing hard, the other side needs to push back too - or else we men may just get rolled over.

I think I shall go back today and decompose on my bed.

1 comment:

[chocoley] said...

Whew tht's kewl XD good luck!