[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Friday, November 09, 2007

LibraryThing sucks!

I thought of giving this LibraryThing a try since numerous people have it on their blogs. It looks kinda cool , some sort like a visual bookshelf. Thus, I visited their webpage and and I was greeted with various praises. At one point they became arrogant (as shown in exhibit 1) and I thought, "Wow, this must be a super fantastic bloody wonderful thing!". I must, must, must, must sign up and be a part of their so very satisfied members.

Exhibit 1


I clicked 'Join Now' and proceeded to to fill in the required fills. All was going dandy and fine until I reached the email field. I know its optional but I thought what the heck and filled that in as well.

That was then I discovered their stupid email field had a character limit (Exhibit 2). What the hell? Who is stupid enough to create a website and put a character limit to the email field? I know its optional but if you don't want anyone filling in their email then don't put the bloody thing altogether.


Exhibit 2


I got so riled up I didn't register after all...

1 comment:

Tim said...

Wow. You're completely right. We only added it recently--we make a point of being non-obtrusive. But you're right. Try GoodReads or Shelfari.