[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Thursday, April 10, 2008

And I write

It is official. I picked up my letter of appointment today, got it signed and now, I'm officially employed. I am gonna be a writer! Woot!

My thoughts? It is surreal. Never would I imagine that I could be writing for a living. Even saying that sounds unbelievable. There is something dreamlike about it all. It will take a while to fully sink in I guess.

My feelings about the whole thing? It's all excitement and thrill washed down with a smattering of apprehension and flavored with a tiny dash of self-doubt. You can't blame me. I'm taking a big leap out of my field of study to do something I've always dream of doing - something I never thought I could and would be doing. I think in this case a little self-doubt is permissible. Don't you think?

I'm going to be starting in June but I have been asked do to some pieces for the magazine on a freelance basis at the moment. So I'm gonna be in print for the June issue. Weeee.

Anyway, one bad thing is that my plan to menganggur one year is seriously dashed. Sigh, I so need a holiday. I guess I can't have my pie and eat it at the same time.

Now before I end I need to say this one more time for it to sink in.

I'm gonna be a writer.

There, that's three times now. Third time's always the charm.

6 comments:

Sam said...

A writer! Fantastic really - I've always wanted to write to make a living. How did you get to this path anyway?

Oh, and BTW - I tagged you in a meme. It's a for fun thing, so it'll be cool if you can do it. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous right now! I so wanna be a writer too. But not for magazine lah. Hahaha!!!

Good for you! Congratulations! By the way, which magazine are you writing for? I'll get one copy to read your article then. Hehehe...

Little Prince said...

welcome to the world where deadlines become your best friends. :)

Inaesb said...

Congratulations!! :)

Zyklon22 said...

Thanx eveyboody. I hope I survive

Anonymous said...

congratz bervin ! which mag ?? i would like to get that copy myself =)