[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Memories from Sabah


















































































































































































































It has been a week since I got back from Sabah but only now I have the time to put these pictures up. It was a pretty uneventful trip and I guess I had a nice time there. Didn't have much time to visit various places in Sabah though.

On the first day we arrived, my sis rushed off to her convocation briefing and then we had a photo session at the studio to take her graduation pics at night. The following morning we arrived at UMS main chancellor hall for her convocation session at 7.30am and the whole thing ended at about 12pm. Yeah, can you imagine it. Almost 5 hours stucked there while my sister moment of glory only lasted less than a minute. There were hundred of people graduating during the session and I actually had to sit there watching all of them. :S
The worst were the awards given to some professors or something and they were actually reading out their life story to us before presenting the awards. To make matters worst these people weretthen asked to make a speech and they of course gave such boring ones. The icing of the cake was when a phd was presented to someone that is gone for 10 whole years. Yeah, the person passed away 10 years ago and he's receiving a phd now....

After that long morning, my sis brought us to the Philippines market in KK. Was stuffy, crowded and overpriced :) Well, I didn't buy anything there. Then headed back to the hotel for rest and at night went for dinner with my sister's bf family. And man let me tell you, it's so damn akward. I hate this little dinners where I have nothing much to say but have to sit there, all nice and smily. Bah! One consolation is of course the great food. Haha.

The next day was a Sunday and we went to the tamu which is just nearby our hotel. That is seriously a great place. So many things to see and so many things to buy. I bought some bracelets and corals. I know know. I participated in the destruction of mother nature but I can't help it. It is just so beautiful. Now I guess I have to go plant some trees to make up for my acts or something. After that we went to the Tuaran crocodile farm. Nice place with lots to do. We watched the crocodile feeding, croc show and a cultural show. The thing I loved most there? The neurotic otter that is simply nuts for wires. They hung long strands of wires for it as playthings and he just attacked it with such viciousness. Cute isn't it?

Then at night is another dinner with relatives staying in Sabah. They took us to a seafood place with live cultural stage shows. Again I had to be pleasant and gracious and totally have nothing to say. Food was good though :)

The next day was of course the day I flew back to KL. With heavier bags and and maybe a heavier heart? Probably not. Still prefer KL anyday over. :P

No comments: