[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A stain on a noble profession!

A friend of mine had her handphone stolen a few weeks back. All I can say that the incident disgusts me thoroughly. To have someone from a premier university thieving, and a medic student nontheless makes it more of a shameful thing. He's obviously intelligent but is he intelligent enough to know what's right and what's wrong. The basic moral values that most of us adhere to seem to elude him I guess. Imagine, he steals a handphone now, what would he steal later in life when he's a doctor? Steal organs when a patient's in surgery? To make matters worst the security isn't doing much to track him down and to call him into account. Excuses after excuses are thrown to my poor friend saying it is hard to track him down. Now they say that the cctv capture is deleted because they do so to old captures every three days. What the hell? When somethig serious as this happens aren't they suppose to keep the recording until the case is resolved? I don't know whether they do this to all cases or just because he's a medic student. Makes you wonder doesn't it? Sorry to all my medic friends but this is really something to take note of. You know the malay proverb about 'nilai' and 'susu'. Well does it apply here? I would like to end it by saying that I am appalled!

These are all what's left after the video got deleted. Just two screen shots. I masked his face because until he is caught and declared guilty he is still innocent.I am no judge and he still has his rights.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Err..my previous comment is not showing.

Anonymous said...

Ok..let me try again.

It's sad that there are so many thieves roaming about. I hope the perpetrator gets caught soon. If you're sure that's the guy..heheh..an eye for an eye, I say.

Zyklon22 said...

Bah! The security is not doing anything. They are just fobbing us excuses saying that with over 1k medic students it is hard to catch him. What kind of nonsense.