[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Monday, January 28, 2008

Bitter sweet

Part 1 - Sweet

I actually became a product tester today. I was approached by this guy at Amcorp Mall where he asked me to test out a product that hasn't hit the shelves yet. It turned out to be a new product from Halls, a new mint candy to be precise. It was a new experience for me and it was conducted rather professionally I would say. He took us up to the company's office following many twists and turns in the corridor and even a long journey up the elevator. My roommate kept saying we would probably be drugged and and wake up with our internal organs stolen. LOL.

The guy who interviewed me was rather professional. At least he was well dressed and groomed plus he could speak impeccable English. It was a blind test with two products, one being the new product from Halls and the other an unknown brand. I rather liked the mint except that it was round it shape and coloured rather artificially. I mean, round? As soon as it is dispensed I'm sure it will roll all over the place and your mouth will be the last place it would fall into. It tasted rather like Tic-tac and the mint taste was rather weak.

I did get something after all for doing the testing. The snack plate voucher from KFC isn't too bad a compensation I thought. What? You didn't think I would do all that for free did you?


Part 2 - Bitter

I had enough with the Chinese people in my course. Three years I've been with them and still I can't accept their irresponsibility and lack of tact. Their attitude pisses me off and today I really blew it with them.I don't know whether it is their culture, mentality or just because they are schooled differently but it bores down to the issue of maturity. Spoiled to the core I would say.

Therefore, today officially I would like to take the opportunity to declare that I'm not a Chinese. I rather be race-less. Full stop.

9 comments:

Ganymede said...

Part 1: Guess that won't replace my blow-job-mint Eclipse then...

Part 2: We'll all be beige sooner or later. No blacks. No whites. No yellow. All beige. :P

Anonymous said...

Part-1: I don't mind the KFC voucher. Pass it to me tomorrow :P

Part-2: I've also decided to join the race-less zone.....Thank God I don't look like a chinese!

-Joyce-

Zyklon22 said...

QR: Try some fisherman's friend. LOL. And yeah, I wanna be blue.

Joyce: Finish eat d. Wahahahaha. And you look more like an Indian. LOL

Mr RM said...

I just don't understand why is RACE so important in this part of the world? Other countries don't care about race, only about nationality!

Zyklon22 said...

Well, actually I would say because they keep insisting on preserving their own culture to the point of being fanatics.

Anonymous said...

Being a product tester here is fantastic. You can sign up to test new drugs (which they claim is safe and all) and you get paid like a lot of money. Unfortunately, the centre is located so far away from my place. Or else..heheh...

Also, there's this tester that goes around pubs and restaurants and test the food. You'll be paid to review and test AND the money will be provided to buy those food/drinks. Caveat - age limitation. :(

Here also got those kinda people..i guess we'll find these lots wherever we go.

Anonymous said...

that was me..lol..clicked too fast :P

Zyklon22 said...

Inaesb: Cannot........... I'm thalassaemic. Drugs testing is out for me.

Anonymous said...

So when are you gonna taste me? Ahem! Hehehe...