[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Finger in a pie

Of course it was expected of a Tim Burton's movie to be macabre and dark, but Sweeney Todd was a tad too gruesome I would think. A story about a serial killer who teams up with a pie maker to cook up human pies? It was certainly a different kind of musical where the main musical inspiration were people getting their throats slit. One thing that kind of puzzled me was that most of the throat-slitting was uncensored but the final act of killing where the impact of the movie was to be felt was cut out (no pun intended) partially . I'm annoyed that I did not get to witness the climatic killing, slightly akin to being denied the main dish in a full course meal. It's like I only got the pie as starters leaving me hungering for more. More pie anyone?

2 comments:

Medie007 said...

i thought they did show the part where the kid slit sweeney's throat?

Zyklon22 said...

No not entirely...