[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

AI will soon take over the planet

The GPS system in my new phone is fantastic. I was abit apprehensive at first and it took great will power to go against all skepticism I had for listening to a device with AI. However it proved to be so accurate that I'm now a firm believer that machines are definitely gonna rule the world soon. :D

Not only did it give accurate directions, the voice direction it provided was unbelievable. It was like having a personal guide sitting right beside you while you're driving and telling you what to do. For a fact, I've never had driving companions this omniscient about road directions before!

It provided helpful voice directions like:

- At the first possible turning, turn left
-After turning right, keep left
-After turning right, make a sharp direct turn to the left
-After 250 metres, turn left and then continue along the road for 500 metres before keeping right

Ok, I did get lost a few times but it was really because I was reading road signs and somehow it was contradicting the GPS. Thereafter I realised that the GPS is always right. But never fear because if you do happen to take the wrong turning (due to your own pigheadedness no doubt) the system automatically maps a new route from where you are now. Fantastic isn't it?

The only drawback is that the GPS can't tell which roads are to be avoided because of bad traffic. I made the mistake of following its instructions on my way back to KL and somehow it took me into all the small roads that are inexplicably jammed and that I would never in the whole world would think to attempt such a route.

Well you win some, you lose some.

4 comments:

[chocoley] said...

Heya, tht wuz interesting :) anyways droppin' by, nice blog.

Inaesb said...

Wah..what phone is it? :)

loopy said...

I don't want to start a my-GPS-is-better-than-yours war but I will anyway.

If you wanna avoid the small roads, just change the navigation setting to Faster Time. It should prolly put you onto highways and the like for higher speed limit even though the physical distance is more. Well, at least mine does that :P

Zyklon22 said...

DB: Thanks for dropping by. Staying the night? LOL

Inaesb: You come back and see la. You've been delaying coming back that's why.

Loopy: I am a noob at this. Don't even fully know the functions of it yet. So I concede defeat :)