[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Monday, August 18, 2008

China cheating in Olympics?

I have not watched the Beijing Olympics but nevertheless, I found this abit disturbing when I read about it. According to an article by the editor of AskMen, China is allegedly cheating in the prestigious event. I have not watched any of the sports event (apart from the feeble Malaysian attempt for a gold in badminton) and thus, I can't form much of an opinion.

For the record, I would like to state that I'm no fan of China (anyone who knows me personally would know why) and I think that the Chinese, of all people are the most competitive - making this not unlikely. However I feel that since it's coming from the USA, the credibility of the accusation is laughable.

They may be right but who's gonna sympathize with or believe allegations formed by a country that is in second place in the medal tally? A case of jealousy gone bad?

Then, I googled the term 'China cheating in Olympics' and my my, I got an eyeful of different opinions by various blogs, websites and forums.

I know that the home country usually gets a boost to their medal haul but to this extent where disgruntled opinions are being flashed everywhere?

Did stuff like these get raised in previous Olympics?

No comments: