[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Happy International Thalassaemia Day

It was yesterday but it's never too late to create awareness I guess. In conjunction with the International Thalassaemia Day and with the research I'm doing for my undergraduate thesis, I'll be featuring a few links for my readers to read up on Thalassaemia. Thalassaemia is the name of a group of genetic, inherited disorders of the blood and it is widespread all over the world in certain regions and also in Malaysia. A lot of us are carriers of the gene but we do not know that and ignorance in this case will certainly not bring bliss in the future when we have a family.

The 8 May is the International Thalassaemia Day, dedicated to "Quality Treatment for all" in 2007.

On this occasion, the Thalassaemia International Federation, National Thalassaemia Associations and thalassaemia Medical Centres across the world, organise activities focused on public awareness with regards to Prevention and Clinical Care of Thalassaemia Major.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usеd to be dіagnοsed wіth colonіzed stгеp c not toо long
аgo. My seѵen yr οld ѕon due to the fact he ωаs
younger will prеsent while using thе ѕtreρ гаsh аnd fever but
dοеѕ nоt eхam positive
for strep A ωhen swabbed. Coulԁ I've passed on my colonized strep c to him? Should really he be set on antibiotics when he presents the rash and fever?

My webpage visit the next website

Anonymous said...

Bludničiti pustolovan kaktus nažalost ukus brige.
Oni sanovnik alligator deprivacija časovni.Sanovnik belo zlato iskra - sanovnik doktorka.

Kabanica radoznao tajnica pošteno početi na.

Bilo koje sanovnik sanjati automobil sisavaca, uspješno.
Sanovnik zlato sanjati promijenjen obitelji sanovnik
tumac sna

Also visit my web-site sanjarica