[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Updates

I've been rather busy with the research for my undergraduate thesis lately. Learning new things, perfecting techniques and overcoming 'shaky hands'. Here is a picture of my very first passable duplex PCR products run on 1.5% agarose gel. =)


On a side note, I found out that I'm α-thalassaemic... I extracted my own DNA from blood and run it in the diagnostic test of the duplex PCR and found out that I'm carrying a SEA double deletion for α-thalassamia. Maybe I'm destined to be taking this research project on. What am I working on? I'm working on the development of multiplex-PCR for detection of α-thalassaemia.

And yeah, I haven't been online much as my streamyx connection has been down since last week. Right now I'm typing this entry at my faculty using the free wifi which unfortunately is extremely slow. This is my third week of research work, hope I can survive till the end. Haha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dun be so happy, i have yet to check if your beta gene is mutated or not...hahahah!!!

Joyce

Anonymous said...

alpha-thalassaemia means ?

Yea, i know how u feel. But look on the other side. It is quite liberating w/o internet. Of course not if u have to do research etc. :)

Shake Trees said...

wah u wanabe mutant ah? hehehe... gosh no wonder x-men generations start from u. Kekeke... kidding la.

Zyklon22 said...

Joyce: Then it can balance my deleted alpha gene. Hhahaha

Inaesb: Go read my links there are more info :)

Tech-tronic: Yes, I wanna be a mutant if possible. I wanna be Mystique. Hehe