[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Everybody hates viruses!

I think I have to say that I certainly hate my advance medical virology class. The assignments are the worse lot I have ever had in history. It isn't so much that it is difficult but more of the fact that you feel cheated of the self-satisfaction that generally awaits you on the completion of an assignment. If you have worked hard on an assignment and produced a good paper, you get a wonderful feeling, knowing that it is a job well done. However in virology assignments, it isn't the same. You struggle and you toil over a span of a weekend, trying to understand and explain the whole bloody complicated information on a particular topic and what do you get? Three measly pages which in other subject matters could be done in an hour.

The time and effort invested does not pay off with the result. You take over three hours to write a single short introductory paragraph because you need to find that elusive journal article from which you want to quote from and another twelve hours to explain it because it is so complicated you yourself find it impossible to understand. It doesn't help either that the lecturers are giving assignments on topics that are so thinly researched that the experts themselves have no clear idea on it but just speculations.

You know it's gonna take a whole weekend again when you google something and all that comes up are three results....

3 comments:

Ganymede said...

From today onwards, I shall be grateful with engineering assignments. :P

Anonymous said...

Haha...I spent my entire last weekend just doing a tutorial question. Read and read judgments, journals...but I got the satisfaction at the end of the work. :P Maybe you need to relax more. :)

Zyklon22 said...

QR: You don't know the half of it. Hehe

Inaesb: I didn't have a sem break and now I don't have a midsem break. It isn't helping at all.