[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Meme: 8 Random Facts About Me

The rules of this tag:


1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.

2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.

3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).

4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.

Fact 1:

I can't cycle. Yeah, I can neither ride a bicycle nor a motorcycle. When I was little I never learned and when I grew up I just didn't see the point. Jumped straight for my car license when I hit the appropriate age.

Fact 2:

I was the teachers' pet. No, I did not go around asking the teachers if they needed help carrying their bags or something. Apple polishing is much more a subtle act than most people think. I was articulate, attentive and I asked the right questions. Wouldn't hurt to mention I had good grades too. :)

Fact 3:

I had alley cats for pets. When I was young I used to feed the alley cats behind my house with scraps and they always eventually flocked to my house, bred and I had a whole family of kittens to play with. My father hated it though and said they were dirty. Maybe so, but I grew up into a healthy young man anyway.

Fact 4:

I am not very particular about food. I always say that when you're hungry, most food will taste great. What enters through your mouth comes out the exact same thing the other end. I eat to keep myself from feeling hungry.

Fact 5:

I can't converse in nor write and read any Chinese dialect. I'm a Straits Chinese and my grandparents spoke Malay. Why haven't I learned? Same reason lots of people can't speak English properly either. It's a matter of pride.

Fact 6:

When I first started reading when I was young, I started with Malay story books. I didn't know how to read English until a lil' later. Maybe because Malay words are easier to mouth and pronounce or something but until I picked up the skill of reading English, my mother read Enid Blyton to me every night. :P

Fact 7:

The only animal I have fear for is the crocodile or alligator. Fear as in the feeling bordering phobia where a picture of a crocodile is enough to get me to shudder and flinch. I really don't know why. Must be a manifestation of a childhood trauma. Probably got bitten by a cicak when I was a baby.

Fact 8:

I love watching Spongebob. LOL. In league with reading Enid Blyton, it calms me alot. Reminds me of my childhood days where everything was so simple and life was void of worries. My favourite character in the cartoon? Squirdward.

There, all done now. No tags from me. Just too lazy I guess. All me mes will of course end here if it reaches me. :)

6 comments:

Fable Frog said...

McD is selling the SpongeBob's tissue box cover~ shall i get u one?? kekeke

Medie007 said...

matter of pride eh? :)
i get wat u ment... your "my english is flawless", totally agreed. LOL

Ganymede said...

Cicak might have bitten you while you're a baby?! Wakakkaka. Cute real cute.

Jason said...

Cicak will bite kah?

savante said...

Eh, learn how to cycle lah. it's fun. Seriously!

Spongebob?! :O

And hey, you're a Kelley Armstrong fan!! I LOVE HER!

Zyklon22 said...

FF: The spongebob tissue holder is actually rather ugly. LOL

Ah-bong: I better get some royalty for contributing that article to your magazine!

QR & Jason: I think cicaks are cute tho. Yes, anything with a mouth can bite :P

Savante: Teach me? And yes, spongebob. Hard to believe eh? Totally agree, Kelley Armtrong is the best for bringing a modern touch to the fantasy world.