[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Saturday, July 12, 2008

To balance the unlimited was to make it limited

It was just perfect. It couldn't get any better. I was so pleased that I actually couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. I mean, could something free be that good? Well apparently it can be.

Yes, it was the most perfect seats. Dead right in the centre - not too close to the stage and yet not too far either. I was pleased that I could get free tickets for such good seats.

Then I saw the musical.

To be fair, I would say that it was not really my kind of thing. The humour, the pop culture references and the songs were just not right for me. I am sure alot of effort was put into it and it was a commendable work. However, the musical scores were not original (they used melodies from popular songs) and I found that abit corny. To make it worse, the humour was forced and it seemed like they were trying too hard to make you laugh. I felt the entertainment value was abit limited.

Performance-wise, it was good but other than that I can't say anything more positive about it.

Good seats, bad musical.

A rather good balance don't you think?

1 comment:

Medie007 said...

i want to watch all american boys chorus... farking costing 85 even for students... blergh...

there's another free concert on sunday! :D me wanna gooooo