[ SIGN the PETITION ]

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Jurassic Joys

I loved dinosaurs as a kid. I had dinosaur figurines, stickers, books, bed spreads, tees - you name them, I had them. I could identify and differentiate all the different dinosaurs back then and I spouted dinosaur facts and trivia all the time. I even wanted to be a paleontologist at one time.

Which couldn't be further from the truth if you look at the present...

Anyway, with the death of Michael Crichton recently, I was reminded of how much I loved the Jurassic Park film and I went out to buy some of his books. After all, it has been a while since I last read Jurassic Park and reading it again sure does bring back memories. I used to watch Jurassic Park on VHS all the time. I think that the show became a much hated movie for my family - oddly, they did not share my passion for dinosaurs.

After reading the book I then downloaded the films. Yeap, I watched Jurassic Park, The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 and although I'm not a kid anymore, I found that I still enjoyed them immensely. And I felt, the movies still have the most realistic looking dinosaurs on screen. CGI just doesn't cut it. Look at Jurassic Fight club on TV, they're laughable. Steven Spielberg did a fantastic job.

And of course, hats off to Michael Crichton himself for the fantastic novel. You rocked my childhood. LOL.

No comments: